PricingThe price is 50$ for the package without the code. Depending on demand a code inclusive version and pricing may become available. The payment is done through PayPal and if invoice is required will be sent by post. After payment you will receive a zip file containing the vsix file the sample application used for the demostration videos.
- Regarding Rating business type the Maximum and Default rating properties have to be set on the control. Although I found I way to add attributes to the business type, I couldn’t find a way to retrieve in the control so that these parameters could be set once on the entity’s property.
- The reason DrawingFile is using URI as image background and not a binary image was a result of my intention to create a lightweight drawing type which is also portable. As long as the image URI is public the drawings can be ported to any other application using the extension copying just a few KBs.
- For the FileServer Datasource to work you must create a folder hierarchy in your web application’s folder. You have to create a Content (see also ContentDirectory appSetting below) sub-folder in the root folder of your application and a hierarchy like shown below. If the folders are not there, an attempt will be made by code to be created, but to avoid extra permissions issues you can create in advance. Also if you want to be able to delete files you have to take care of file permissions so that the account can delete files.
Also, as you can see in the sample application you will receive along with the extensions, in ServerGenerated\web.config there are 2 appSettings entries:
<add key="VirtualDirectory" value="" />
<add key="ContentDirectory" value="Content" />
The first one VirtualDirectory is compulsory and if your application is not running at the root of the publishing site the value should be the name of the virtual directory under which your application is running. In the sample the value is null.
The second one ContentDirectory is optional and if omitted then Content is assumed as the folder to look for files.
- For AudioFile and VideoFile controls: The total duration of the media file is not always available so many times in the rightmost digital time display the value will be zero.
- For all URI based types: If you are using the FileServer Datasource while debugging you will have issues regarding the validity of the URIs. As between builds and runs the host’s port can change, a URI provided from the FileServer Datasource (containing the current port) during one debug session, may be invalid in a next session if the port changes. Of course after deployment this will never be an issue unless you somehow change your application’s URL.